This post is going to be lame because I'm coming up blank. I've been to Iceland, Holland, Germany so far, the very mother's den of Euro bleeding heart socialist Utopia - and no one can tell me how to ride the system anymore. Everyone is telling me the same thing - it use to be a great easy ride 10 years ago but no more. The only thing that stuck was the high taxes. I am really bummed. I went through all that work finding a hot Euro sugar mama - and I still can't touch AIG blaze of glory sucking on the government teat. And on top of it, Gaby told me 3 weeks ago that when she got her dual-citizenship, she promised not to ride the German system in the future! AAAAHHHHHHH - Strike Two for Dreezman!
Also Gaby is also starting to revert back to her Euro roots. Words like "solidarity" and "we finally got away from that 40 hour week" "shorter work weeks increase employment"are entering her vocabilary when we hit Iceland. So we've been having hours of great discussions about economics, but she always wins because in the end she says "Germany isn't bailing out any AIGs, it rather support its citizens and besides the economy is not as bad as the USA" so of course I"m left speechless. Damn Bush Republicans really screwed me over.
But I diverge, I'll talk more about that later. Let's get back to my findings for now.
OK, I've got some lame rides that are kinda like the US that everyone is doing:
- If you get in a car accident, you of course sue everyone within 10 miles. But on top of that, you then can tell your employer that you are in great pain and they have to pay full salary for 6 weeks no matter what. Then you start riding some other phantom government programs.
- Because they don't have enough babies to fund the system in the future the government pays you to have babies so immigrants are generally baby factories for $300/month. On TV the liberal party had a news show where a non-immigrant mother with 4 kids couldn't buy brand name jeans for her child and the kid was being laughed at at school so the liberal party wanted to up it to $450/month.
- Doctors use to make big bucks, but they changed the system so instead of lambarginis they now can only drive mercedes. So now doctors are more interested in churning through clients. So when the car accident guy comes in, doctors compete to write prescriptions for how long you can be out of work.Doctors who write prescriptions to stay home the longest get the most business so they can at least afford Porches again.
- My Italian friend Pietro a card carrying Communist goes to a veternarian for long-term injuries. He said Italy has great emergency rooms, but doesn't trust the doctors to fix his shoulder so his friend the vet is looking at it.
- There is this new unemployment system I'm not sure I have this right but it goes kinda like this. You get unemployment for 1 year or so where they pay 70% of your salary (not sure accurate). Then if you don't get job, you go on permanent unemployment for $450/month for life. BUT!!! you have to pick up trash for 1 Euro per hour whenever they call you or else game over. I'm thinking this is my best bet so far.
- For workmans comp, you can claim "emotional" damage from work. They will pay for retraining, computer, rent, bus rides, spending money, etc for 2 years while you learn a new career. This sounds very promising.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment