14% unemployment
40% of GDP is government spending with huge government debts, the EU will not let them into EU until they fix it.
Avg income is $1,500/month
40% tax on income for pension and health care
20% sales tax
$6USD liter gas
$1USD liter beers
Ah yes, Uncle Tito did great things for Croatia and they are still trying to recover from it. I hope the USA doesn`t have to experience it to.
But this place is total paradise. $1 liter beers, they LOVE America because of how we bombed the crap out of Serbia, and people work their asses off here, not like the EU lalaland. They are not in the EU so its cheap to live and vacation here. One Croatian guy we met climbing with a Slovanian (member of EU) said "yeah, croatia is not in the EU, they are the lucky ones" I`m guessing because when countries switch to the Euro prices instantly double and taxes go up because they have to fix all their economic screwups before they can join. This place is old war poor, so I would think a Euro switch would really hurt most people.
Health care: the people I talked to liked their health care system. Free health care for all. They dont wait in lines, they can pick doctors and they are happy with the care.
Unemployment: 3 - 6 months at 30%
Welfare: Show them you are poor and you get free money
Crime: I guess their is a lot of corruption type stuff, but we leave stuff open and people returned my lost wallet and iphone so safer then USA
So far Croatia is my favorite country. Warm, cheap, great climbing, old world charm, clean beaches and swimming.
I think this could be a socialist utopia if I can figure out a way to get in. Gaby`s Euro passport is worthless, they are not EU.
God bless Croatia, its people and its Socialist paradise.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment